dvd movie copying ?

gorinchem 17:34 20 Feb 03

I have some downloaded feature films on dvd-r disc's from a friend.
The problem is that they only play on my computer and not on my stand alone dvd player.
I want to copy them with my dvd burner and be able to play them on my stand alone dvd player and tv.
I use nero burning rom to copy with, is there something in the settings that i need to do or what? as every time i copy the dvd-r disc films they only play on my computer.
Can someone please tell we how to burn dvd-r disc's that can be played back on a stand alone dvd player.
Please help me if you can as i am becoming very frustrated.

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:11 20 Feb 03

Sorry but downloading feature films is illegal and even if they were paid for, copying them is also illegal.

grove34 19:24 20 Feb 03

made round to go round ! lol

TBH1 00:52 21 Feb 03

most stand alone dvd players will not play dvd-r - - so if your burner is dvd-r I'm afraid your 'snookered'. There are 3 primary dvd formats right now, dvd-r,dvd+r and dvd ram - - I believe most stand alone dvd players will play dvd+r ones - -but that ain't no use to you if you've already gone a bought a dvd-r burner.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…