dvd magic problem

lezw 22:22 16 Aug 03

hi i installed dvd magic from the sept. cover disc and it worked ok but a little slow so thinking it might be the dvd drive i upgraded but now althogh the drive plays dvd`s ok and is recognised by the computer dvd magic tells me it is not a valid dvd drive i have reinstalled dvd magic and downloaded the latest drivers from toshiba but no luck any ideas?

The Sack 00:02 17 Aug 03

Use this mate click here this magic DVD seems a bit crap to say the least. From all the threads about it i have not even tried to install it.

BTW re-encoding mpeg 2 to mpeg 1 take a while, my PC (An Athlon running at 2.2GHz) does 1 minute of re-encoding every 40 seconds (providing nothing else is running) so a 100 minute film still takes ages.

powerless 00:08 17 Aug 03

It works for me ;-)

The Sack 02:22 17 Aug 03

I cant wait until i am that helpfull :-P

powerless 04:43 17 Aug 03

Magic probably only works with supported drives.

Whats your PC spec?

lezw 13:37 17 Aug 03

my pc is a hp pavilion 7915 with a 1 gig celeron and 512meg of ram and the dvd player is a toshiba sd-m1502.
thanx "the sack" i`ll give that download a go and see what happens

lezw 18:54 18 Aug 03

thanx to you "the sack",works perfectly

Weatherlawyer 18:59 22 Aug 03

So I buy a magazine for a programme giveaway and that gets me to this site where I can find someone that knows enough to pour me on the right road. (Thanks Sack.)

It would have been a little less unsettling had the damned magazine given away this freebie first off:

click here

I could have given them the £3.49.

Ah well off to download. Fingers and at least one emotion crossed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…