DVD Magic - coverdisc

birdfolk 20:37 27 Jul 03

Got the program installed ok, but:
a) It won't recognize my DVD drive, and hangs interminably when I load a DVD (either before or after starting the program).
b) There is NO mention of the program at the Cosmi website. To be honest, I've bought Cosmi products before and had nothing but trouble.

Anyone have ANY ideas on this?????

Steve

SEASHANTY 20:44 27 Jul 03

If you type DVD MAGIC into the search option and click ALL TITLES AND POSTINGS it will bring up another three threads besides yours.

birdfolk 21:04 27 Jul 03

I did a search before I posted, but the problems in the other threads are different to my own.

holly polly 22:47 27 Jul 03

mine dont work also if thats any consolation..

chavvy 10:53 31 Jul 03

Me too. See other posts.

Seems to be a bit of a crap program both installation-wise and functional-wise, there are other programs which will do this type of thing but most cost money and those that don't seem to require a geeky brain that I don't have the time to aquire! I'm giving up on it. (I'm currently waiting for a response from the phone helpline - I'm at the head of the queue apparently so if anything interesting transpires I'll post a response).

chavvy 10:59 31 Jul 03

As you can imagine lots of people are getting problems and the help-line says that they can't get it to run either! They'll post an answer if and when they get one.

zaniwhoop 10:29 03 Aug 03

I just thought I'd join this growing thread, and if I waffle on about about the fact that I did get DVD magic to recognise my DVD drive once but I'm not sure how, and when it did I got the message DVD magic has caused an error in DVD magic and will now close, or words to that effect. How many words is that so far, I'm not sure, do you count I'd as one or two, and how about I'm,never mind. Please let me know if you get any luck with the phone helpline chavvy (by the way where does that nickname come from)
Right there's this butcher O.K. and one morning he opens the door to his shop and there's an ikkle wabbit outside that says "got any cabbage" and the butcher says "sorry mate, try the greengrocer up the road" the next day same thing happens, and the next day, by thursday the butcher is getting fed up with this and tells the rabbit "if you come round here again tommorrow I'll nail you paws to the floor" so the next morning there's the rabbit who says "got any nails?" to which the butcher replies "no" so the rabbit says "got any cabbage".....(space left for comedic purposes) I hope you enjoyed that, if not at least it has used up a bit more time towards a solution arriving.
I don't know if this is close to the 800 word limit yet, but I have got to go and do some gardening now.

Bagsey 10:36 03 Aug 03

Just thought that I would share this with you to show that you are not alone.

click here

zaniwhoop 21:04 05 Aug 03

I hope this helps, I still don't know why the programme doesn't always recognise the drive, but sometimes it does. I made sure that the temporary folder that DVD magic uses to store the dvd was emptied (obviosly make sure that there is nothing you want to keep in there)and it then worked fine. However I was not very impressed with the results in super VCD format, which filled 3x CDR's,had a horizontal liney (if that's a word) effect, and took all day :(

captain 17:43 07 Aug 03

Same problem here. Wont recognise my DVD drive.
Tells me its not a DVD drive? yet my drive works with DVDs. De-installed and re-installed, no difference.

Mercury.

JFT 18:02 07 Aug 03

Instead of trying DVD magic try this instead
click here Freeware
Also before downloading read this click here to answer all your DVD to SVCD quetions.Please note the encoder TMPgec is a months free trial, but this will allow you to decide if it works for you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…