dvd link to tv.

mule 2 00:09 14 Mar 03

I am trying to find out if i can use my tv to play dvds via my computer. I have tried to find out what motherboard i have. I ran Belarc Advisor but it did not list any motherboard info. I suspect that i will have to identify it to find a suitable graphics card. On looking at it all i could see was (K7 SEM ).Reading Pc Advisor i think i may have an "integrated Graphics" setup. it was easier in the days of hard nibs. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated........... An old wrinkly.

powerless 00:14 14 Mar 03

I do not know of any intergrated graphic boards that have the TV-Out connector.

So a new card with a TV-Out is the way to go.

mule 2 00:36 14 Mar 03

POWERLESS...... thanks for you input. Will it be necessary for me to identify the motherboard to ensure compatability with the new graphics card?........An old wrinkly.

powerless 00:45 14 Mar 03

Yes.

If belarc cannot idenifty it then this will click here AIDA32 - Personal System Information < This should tell you. Then post back.

DieSse 01:29 14 Mar 03

Quite honestly, if you've got to get a new graphics card - I would put the money towards buying a DVD player for the telly.

There are lots of issues in getting TV-outs from a computer to work well - save yourself the hassle.

Tog 07:41 14 Mar 03

Unless there is a specific reason for using the PC, go with what DieSse suggests. DVD players aren't that expensive.

darkjedimistress 15:56 14 Mar 03

You can get DVD Players now for £50 that are standalone and plug into a tv with a scart socket. Check out some at click here and also click here for a £65 unit. Less hassle.

mule 2 23:04 14 Mar 03

TO:-Powerless,DieSse,Tog,and darkjedimistress.
As my computer ia fairly basic budget system
and am new to this techni world it would seem to be cheaper and far less hassle to get a basic dvd forthe tv..... so with gratitude for all your input and advice, thanks for your time............The old wrinkly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…