D.V.D. Laptop from U.K. don't work in South Americ

nerawan 20:08 21 Feb 05

Hi. I just send a Laptop to my niece in South America. She can't play any D.V.D. on it. I know the world is divided in regions. So anyone knows what she has to do in order to allow the laptop's d.v.d. play them?...Thanks

VCR97 20:20 21 Feb 05

There was a piece on this subject on BBC Radio 4's "You and Yours" a few days ago. It was specifically to do with DVD players so I don't know if it would help with a player in a PC. It gave info on getting and entering the area code. (It's legal.) If you want to follow up you can phone the audience line on 0800 044 044 or e-mail [email protected]

Hope this helps.

TomJerry 20:20 21 Feb 05

if you want to play anydvd, just google for anydvd

nerawan 20:30 21 Feb 05

Hi. Can you explain that a litle longer. I don't understand. thanks

Diodorus Siculus 20:34 21 Feb 05

SlySoft - AnyDVD | dvd copy, burning dvd, dvd ripper, dvd copying software
"AnyDVD is a driver, which descrambles DVD-Movies automatically in the background. This DVD appears unprotected and region code free for all applications and the Windows operating system as well. With AnyDVD's help copy tools like CloneDVD, Pinnacle Instant Copy, InterVideo DVD-Copy, etc. are able to copy CSS protected Movies. With the help of AnyDVD you can watch movies with non matching region codes with every DVD Player Software you like! "
click here

This is what TonJerry was suggesting.

Salinger 20:54 21 Feb 05

Does the laptop actually have a DVD software player?

nerawan 11:15 22 Feb 05

Yes. It has. I just use it before.Thanks for the suggestions (especially ANYDVD) but there is not any settings in the laptop that can allow to change the regions code?

BH34 11:40 22 Feb 05
  TomJerry 12:56 22 Feb 05

you can only change 4 times if you have not made any change already, after that doomed

if you really want to change

"Control Panel", "System", "Hardware", "Device Manager", find DVD ROM, right click and select "Properties", select "adcanced setting" and you can change there

TomJerry 13:00 22 Feb 05

region code restriction is implemented on both hardware (DVD-ROM) and software (e.g. dvd player)

the change of hardware region code alone is not enough, you need to change in dvd player software as well, normally this can be done easily. When you insert a DVD the player does not like, it will come up an option to ask you to change it.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:24 22 Feb 05

DVD genie will make software dvd players region free, therefore only the one change required.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…