DVD label error

ODIN 17:27 26 Jan 09

I have made a c**k up that I do not know how to resolve, does anybody know how to remove a label that has been put on the wrong side of a disc in error ? without harming the disc info.

iqs 17:37 26 Jan 09

Did similar with a CD,what I did,and I'm not saying this is the best method to use,but I picked/pulled the label off the best I could,then let pledge soak into the parts still left .
Used a non abrasive cloth to remove the remainder,then a special LCD screen wipe to finish of.
This is what I did and the disc was fine after.Its your choice..

Hope it helps

eedcam 18:27 26 Jan 09

Ideally you should'nt put labels on dvd's often the cause of problems as it can affect the balance

ODIN 18:54 26 Jan 09

I have had a look on www to see what I can find and there are all sorts of suggestions such as wd40, white spirit and meths. IQS when you used pledge did it leave the data on the disc intact ? i can soon burn another copy once cleaned to be extra sure.

iqs 20:26 26 Jan 09

I had no problems with the disc after,the pledge didn't seem to affect in any way.

CD's and DVD's have a thin plastic layer,I don't think a furniture polish that you can use on plastics would affect it.

Just be sure first,just in case the disc is ruined in the process,no two disc will react the same.

I agree with your comment eddcam,I have noticed on occasion some disc'S react to the label.With important discs I use a disc marker pen or use Lightscribe.

Hope it works ODIN.

ODIN 09:29 27 Jan 09

you are a genious, no Pledge in the house so used Mr Sheen and it worked brilliantly. soaked the paper off in warm water then sprayed with the furniture polish and it cleaned up a treat. Once again thank you.

iqs 16:33 27 Jan 09

glad to help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…