dvd jumpers

how do i set the jumpers on my cdrw and dvdrw...
i dont seem to have any jumpers...
please help

y_not 06:23 04 Sep 03

Not to answer your question exactly but.....

when I fitted an NEC ND1300A DVD/RW I had constant problems until I removed the HP CD/RW that was also fitted - seems there was a conflict between them.

As the DVD writer will also write CD's why bother to have both fitted anyway? Chances are that the CD writer will be a little older and therefore likely to write slower than the DVD drive.

As for the jumpers, I'm sorry but I can't remember....thought they were the same as a HDD jumper

stlucia 08:35 04 Sep 03

The rules are basically the same as for HDD -- you need to set them as master or slave depending on what your plugging them into and what's already attached. There's normally a diagram on the body of the drive to show the different settings -- or in the manual.

You need to tell us what makes and models you have if you need further info.

Stuartli 08:54 04 Sep 03

The normal method is to have the rewriter as Master and a CD/DVD-ROM drive as Slave - I would assume that in this case the DVD/RW will be the Master and the HP rewriter the Slave.

I would suggest that keying your question into either the NEC and/or HP websites' support page would probably bring up an answer - alternatively a search on google.co.uk.

-pops- 09:18 04 Sep 03

Was this written when cornick was in the same state of mind as his other post click here they were sent at about the same time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…