DVD installation and burning problems

RobG126 20:16 27 Jul 04

I have just installed a dvd writer the NEC ND2510A and i wasn't quite sure what to do with the master and slave switches. It was originally set as master but the pc didnt like that and wouldnt show either of my drives so i put it as slave.
This worked and my pc detected it.
Now i'm trying to burn a disk and whenever i try to burn it Nero 6 says that the 'drive is in use by another application'. I searched on google and people said it was conflicting with something like Roxio or another burning program but i dont think i have any other.
Please help!!!!

vinnyT 12:04 28 Jul 04

If you have winXP as your os, then it comes with cd/dvd burning as default, I think it's Roxios' (easyCD creator) who did a deal with MS and supplied a cut down ver of their software. So you will have to disable this in order to get (hopefully) Nero 6 to work, as the 2 burning packages are incompatible with each other.

Sorry, don't use XP, so cannot tell you how to do this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…