dvd icon gone

1x11456 13:34 17 Jan 05

my mate has a new tiny running xp on fat 32 every thing was fine last week but now the dvd icon has disapeared from my computer systems folder i have checked in device manager and its recognized in there but when you put a cd in it just spins up and then nothing. we cannot open the back as it is still under warranty as i wanted to disconnect the dvd and then reconnect but no can do.any help please.thanks in advance..
ps it also has a dvd-rw and thats fine

1x11456 13:38 17 Jan 05

just to add the dvd was lettered E and another drive was lettered f,g,h (card reader) these have kept the same letters and not gone back one as would have if dvd drive was uninstalled

alan227 13:45 17 Jan 05

If it is under warranty get them to sort it out.
If you have got it in device manager right click the dvd entry then left click properties and what does it say under device status.

1x11456 13:50 17 Jan 05

sorry alan227 at the mo there at work so i cant gain acces to there computer but yesterday i seen to remember that it said that it was working allright becouse i checked to see if it was disabled but alas it was enabled

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…