DVD Home Video

pj123 22:06 07 Jul 04

I have a DVD of a family reunion party. Given to me by a friend who (I assume) took a video of the proceedings and burnt to DVD. I have copied this DVD to give to another member of the family who wasn't able to be present at the time. He has now rung me to say the DVD he has doesn't play properly on his domestic DVD player. He says it "jumps" "misses bits" and "stops". It plays perfectly on my domestic player (multi format) and also plays perfectly on my computer using PowerDVD. The DVD it was copied to is -R. Can anyone suggest a solution please?

stalion 22:09 07 Jul 04

try copying it to +r some dvd players only recognise this

sicknote 22:14 07 Jul 04

How about burning it at the lowest speed of the writer

pj123 22:21 07 Jul 04

sicknote, just done another copy at the lowest speed 2x. Will see how that goes.

stalion, don't have any +r disks but will get some and give it a try. Always thought that most domestic DVD players were -r.

pj123 13:22 29 Aug 04

Sorry for the long delay but have now copied this DVD to +r which seems to be a bit better. But he now says that occasionaly he gets (how can I describe it) a brrrrrrrrrr sound for about 2 seconds and then it continues normally until the next brrrrrr sound. Again it plays perfectly on both my PC and Domestic DVD player?

SEASHANTY 15:41 29 Aug 04

It has been stated that DVD-R discs are more compatible with domestic players than the DVD+R discs. I would give him the make and model of your
domestic player and suggest that he purchases the same.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now