DVD help, "Create association" problem

annelieswm 13:42 PM 28 Jun 11

My friend made a DVD for all our class mates with clips and memories on it. When I put it in my DVD drive in my PC, I tried to open it with Windows Media Player and the message "Create a association in the Folder Option Control Panel" came up. I looked up how to fix it and it said to go into Appearance and Themes > Folder Options and change the application from there. However, when I reach that nearly all the options don't have the option to "change" at all. I can see the button, but it's all greyed out and I can't select it. I have no idea what to do. Does anyone have any other ideas? Thanks a billion.

Terry Brown 13:58 PM 28 Jun 11

It may depend on what software he used to create the DD and if he left it OPEN (add more files later) or Closed (Finalised).

As a short term fix, try the folowing:

Download CDCHECK link text, you get a trial version (fully working)and see if you can recover it to your harddrive.If you can then you can either play it direct from your own system or create a new DVD using your own software.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This installation lets you control a laser and sound show using your mind

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites