dvd help please

sunny staines 18:16 13 Jun 05

Just got my dvd writer fitted and notice its region coded. is there any freeware that will make it region free i thought that region coding had been abandoned

also any sites with info on dvd writing/coping all i seem to find are sales websites or reviews on dvd films

sinbad1 18:34 13 Jun 05

as far as i know you still need your dvd to be coded it should be region 2

go into device manager rgt click on your dvd drive then regions should be region 2

for how to
click here

sinbad1 18:37 13 Jun 05

sorry missed out properties after rght clicking dvd drive

pj123 19:17 13 Jun 05

No, Region Coding has not been abandoned.

What DVD writer is it. What O/S are you running?

sunny staines 19:26 13 Jun 05

my o/s is xp pro. liteon dvd rw & duellayer

pj123 19:37 13 Jun 05

Have you got a Model Number?

sunny staines 20:28 13 Jun 05

16x sohw 1673S02C

Pooke 20:50 13 Jun 05

click here=

Looks to me that inorder to achieve this you need to flash the drive with modified firmware. NOT RECOMMENDED.

sunny staines 20:59 13 Jun 05

Thanks for the reply some of these sites look a bit iffy have you tried any of them

sinbad1 21:18 13 Jun 05

not sure where this thread is going what exactly do you want to do sunny staines.

1.you need region coding

2.if you need basics of dvd writing click on my earlier link and select newbie

it not advisable to flash your your drive with modified firmware as your dvd player may not work at all

Pooke 21:19 13 Jun 05

No, I wouldn't attempt them......

Just read what some of the links said. I never use the DVD drives in my computer and hence never looked into anything like this. I have the older LiteOn drives than yours.

I read once ages about software that'll run in the background allowing your drive to be "virtually" region free but I am at a loss to what it was.............

Have you tried looking at click here ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…