DVD Formats/ Burning?

TonyTT 18:38 02 May 06

Hi

I am having real trouble burning to a DVD and getting it to play on my DVD player. I have a DVD of holiday and ripped it to my hard-drive. Appeared as a .iso file. Since then I have changed it to mpg, .bin, .avi formats. All seem to burn quite happily through nero, but will not be recognised by my DVD player.

Don't know why as I have downloaded and burned such formats before successfully.

I am using DVD-RW. Any help much appreciated.

g40 19:42 02 May 06

that its a DVD+ or DVD- issue, did you use the same manufacturer/type of disks to burn to as previously?

TonyTT 19:45 02 May 06

I have used DVD-RW quite happily before with the same formats as before from downloads. The only difference is that I ripped the original off a holiday DVD to an .iso file.

The Old Mod 09:19 03 May 06

Hi, have you made sure that you have finalised the disc?

TonyTT 12:51 03 May 06

What does that mean. As I said, I have never had any problems like this before.

Haol 17:44 03 May 06

How did you burn the ISO, did you burn it as a data disc in Nero? They way I do it is I right click on the file and select open with then click on Nero and Nero chooses all the right settings.

TonyTT 20:03 03 May 06

Thanks for all your help. Haol, i didn't realise you could actually do that, right click........let the programme decide thing. But it worked. Thanks.

Tony.

TonyTT 20:06 03 May 06

Does anybody know of a very simple to use programme that can convert every single format to every single format.

Would make life much easier.

Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now