DVD Formats?

swanny2 20:11 26 Nov 10

hi all
Im having a problem burning a saved film too Dvd, it always says (not writable) or no Disc.altho theres one in my rom
ive tyred 2 different kinds of Dvd . a Dvd-rw and a Dvd-r , theres nothing wrong with the Dvds, as there new .but still wont work,any ideas any1 please. thanks

BRYNIT 20:50 26 Nov 10

What OS are you using?
What type of file are you trying to burn?
What program are you using to burn the file?
How are you trying to burn this file?
How old is your computer does it have a DVD burner?

swanny2 21:45 26 Nov 10

1- xp
2-not sure but i converted it using a convertor think file was hd mky if thats it .
3- i have a few cd burner xp. cheetah still wont burn
4- erm useing a burner( hence beginners forum mate . thats why i ask )
5- its about 6 yr old an no i downloaded the burners.

ty for ure interest. :O)

BRYNIT 22:22 26 Nov 10

To write to a DVD you need a drive that is capable of writing to CD's and DVD's.

Your computer is about 6 years old. Is you drive a DVD/CD reader and only writes to CD or does it write to DVD's as well.

swanny2 22:43 26 Nov 10

Thanks
not sure but i went too device manager/hardware an it says .
Nu DVDRW-DDW 081

IS that ok ?

swanny2 23:28 26 Nov 10

is the dvd+r different from the dvd-r as as posted above the pack i bought for me old pc worked fine
thanks

swanny2 23:29 26 Nov 10

just bought a load of DVD-R and DVD-RW too hope this isnt the case. :O(

swanny2 01:02 27 Nov 10

Thanks for trying LAz appreciated, if i buy them other Dvd,s you mentioned will they be ok ?
thanks m8

swanny2 03:26 27 Nov 10

cheers mate but santa always eem to bypass my house, are they simple too fit ,like just take old one out an replace with the one u mentioned if so i write me letter now.
thanks

swanny2 16:48 27 Nov 10

how will i know if it takes SATA mate/
thanks in advance :O)

swanny2 00:20 28 Nov 10

Thanks mate, just wondering ,my old pc dvd drive burnt the Dvd,s i have,will it not be a simple too just take this one out i have in newer pc and just transfer me old one iinto it ,and just take the wires out aaand put them in me older dvd drive. if u understand what i mean . lol in otherwords a straight swop!!
cheers :O)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac