DVD Formats

piker1 20:48 01 Aug 04

Does anyone know if a DVD-R disc that has been finalised and burnt be read by a machine that is DVD+R. To some it may seem a strange question, you see I am in the process of handing over some large files (Cycling club accounts) I have a Multi burner but only have DVD-R discs, the person who will receive this info only has a DVD+R machine.

jakimo 21:13 01 Aug 04

Find out the make & model of your friends drive,then do a search in this link,if not you may just end up with a coaster

click here

Chegs ® 21:29 01 Aug 04

I have a dual format drive,my mate has a + format drive only.I only had -R blanks,which I used to copy a selection of files too.His +R drive could read these discs.My daughters PC has a DVD ROM,it can only read data from a -R disc,when I insert a +R disc,it spends an age trying to read it then ultimately gives up and puts up an "Please insert a disc" message. :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…