DVD Formats

piker1 20:48 01 Aug 04

Does anyone know if a DVD-R disc that has been finalised and burnt be read by a machine that is DVD+R. To some it may seem a strange question, you see I am in the process of handing over some large files (Cycling club accounts) I have a Multi burner but only have DVD-R discs, the person who will receive this info only has a DVD+R machine.

jakimo 21:13 01 Aug 04

Find out the make & model of your friends drive,then do a search in this link,if not you may just end up with a coaster

click here

Chegs ® 21:29 01 Aug 04

I have a dual format drive,my mate has a + format drive only.I only had -R blanks,which I used to copy a selection of files too.His +R drive could read these discs.My daughters PC has a DVD ROM,it can only read data from a -R disc,when I insert a +R disc,it spends an age trying to read it then ultimately gives up and puts up an "Please insert a disc" message. :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…