DVD Flick aspect ratio error with Humax .ts file

Girl Friday 17:35 07 Mar 10

Having transferred a Humax PVR file to my Dell Insprion 531 (Vista Home Edition) using a memory stick,the file plays normally using VLC player, Windows Media Player does not like the .ts file. The aspect ratio of the picture is correct. Used DVD Flick 1.3.0.6 Build 734 to create a DVD of the file which on playing on both the computer and the DVD player has now the wrong aspect ratio in that the picture is stretched vertically a bit. Tried both the 4:3 and the 16:9 settings on DVD Flick with the same result. Other DVDs created using DVD FLick from avi file downloads have been perfect so any suggestions folks?...............JR

John-Ross 09:08 09 Mar 10

Since posting I have found out about changing the pixel ratio by using the edit title facility. My question now is if I copy some Humax files of BBC broadcasts to DVD to free up space on the Humax drive what aspect ratio do I use on DVD Flick 16:9 or 4:3 and what ratio do I set the pixel dimensions to? I am currently using a very old Panasonic TV soon to be replaced with a modern widescreen TV so I want the DVDs created to be suitable for that. What I don't want is to create a load of DVDs that look wrong on a widescreen TV. Any help given will be most gratefully received......................JR

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…