dvd flashing nightmare

gingepaul 22:09 03 Jan 04

ello all and i hope you all had a nice chrimbo.
my mate has just flashed his dvd writer and its failed 1/2 way through the windows installer, its a nec 1300a and it was the official installer for the 1.09 firmware.
now what ive heard is sometimes u can rescue a drive by useing the dos installer, thing is i cant find my way round dos, so i just need a little help getting the right prompts.
basically i got to make a wim me boot disc and put 2 files on it, a bin file and an exe file, then need to boot with it and tell the system to use em, heres the instructions ive got with the firmware.......

To flash choose:
NEC1x00A.EXE -sec -sla -flash newbin.bin (Replace newbin.bin by the filename of the .bin-file included in your RAR-archive e.g. nec108au.bin)

i got no idea how to get to this point and remember having i nightmare last time i tried navigating round dos.
i'm not lazy and aint scared of gettin me hands dirty, but i just aint got a clue.
any help would be appreciated.

oh and could anyone tell me where to get a plain win me bootdisc from?

AubreyS 22:10 03 Jan 04

One posting is fine, three is a crowd!

gingepaul 22:13 03 Jan 04

it wasnt me m8, i only posted once

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…