DVD Firmware upgrade.

prince midas 16:46 24 Jan 06

I have just upgraded my firmware on a Pioneer DVD 110D to the latest version of firmware.
Unfortunately I then had to revert to a Ghost copy of my hard drive made 2 days previous.
When I then restarted my computor it said it had found new hardware my Pioneer 110d.
My question is will it have reverted back to my old firmware or will it have my new firmware and how can I check to find which.

Stuartli 16:51 24 Jan 06

The firmware is contained in the DVD drive's electronics and you shouldn't have any problem, providing the firmware update was completed correctly.

If you have any doubts and it's working OK, you could always do the upgrade again.

Gongoozler 17:09 24 Jan 06

You should be able to find the firmware version by going to Control Panel - System - Hardware - Device Manager - DVD/CD-ROM drives. Right click on your Pioneer drive and select Properties. Under the Details tab you will probably find the firmware version hidden in a string of numbers.

Stuartli 19:57 24 Jan 06

A good point from Gongoozler - in the case of my TDK CyClone drive, the firmware upgrade I did (6v36) is the first in the list following the particular model of rewriter.

prince midas 10:55 25 Jan 06

Thanks guys it worked a treat. My firmware was still up to date.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…