DVD editing software please

Diodorus Siculus 20:31 25 Mar 07

I know the topic has been done to death but I’d like some suggestions for DVD editing.

Some film has been recorded on CCTV camera and needs to be edited – it’s easy to get it onto the PC, but what is a good software program to edit it? Lots of dross has to be cut out and the remaining footage can be burned to DVD. I’ve got Nero so just need suggestions for the editing process.

The problem I have is that I don't know the format of the recording at the moment so various recommendations will be appreciated.

Thanks as always, Dio

jack 20:38 25 Mar 07

For starters download Ulead Video Studio 10
You get the full program for 30days -without any constraints - Then you have to purchase it if you want to.
But at I think-at something over £160 this should be incentive enough for you to get down to it before the time runs out.

jack 20:40 25 Mar 07

Then there is always Win Movie Maker - part of the XP package - just go seek it out

Diodorus Siculus 20:42 25 Mar 07

Thanks jack; that might do for a while but this will be an on-going process - ie some of the recordings examined and edited over the course of a year as part of a nature study.

Freeware is especially well liked here :)

Joe R 20:46 25 Mar 07

Diodorus Siculus,

As with jack, Ulead video studio 10, is probably the best, and easiest to use, for newcomers to the video-editing game.

The full version is available here for sub £45.
click here

Try the trial version first. click here

baldtaco 00:34 26 Mar 07

A step down in quality, but a workable solution might be had by using this then converting to DVD at the end: click here

HappyTrucker 06:21 26 Mar 07

Another one that is easy to use is Video ReDo. Can edit MPEGs and DVD VOB files. The resulting file can be recoded into different formats.Fully functioning trial is available and the full product is $49.99 (that IS dollars, not pounds).

Available from click here

MAJ 09:26 26 Mar 07

....if all you want to do is cut pieces out and rejoin pieces of your video, try Virtualdub click here it has the advantage of being free.

baldtaco 13:44 26 Mar 07

Better still would be the Virtualdub with mpeg mod. Although it only allows you to import mpeg not save as.

Another basic contender would be click here . It's been a long time since I used that 'cos I currently run the excellent Sony Vegas, but I remember it being simple, clean, and functional.

baldtaco 14:08 26 Mar 07

Here's the Virtualdub mod for sticking .vob in click here

Here's another I've played with click here

Never used this but might be worth a squint click here

Diodorus Siculus 16:32 31 Mar 07

Thanks for those; went with Ulead for a while.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…