DVD Editing Software

Doberman 10:13 17 Oct 05

I'm a complete beginner to video editing and want to know if anyone can recommend editing software that's relatively inexpensive. Is Windows Moviemaker any good?

SANTOS7 10:27 17 Oct 05

click here
i cannot vouch for the software, but in the link which includes a table of contents with some invaluable info you might need including system requirements,hope this helps,good luck...

SANTOS7 10:29 17 Oct 05

click here
this may also help..

moodboom 10:52 17 Oct 05

Please consider what you want to produce too. Full screen video playback quality is as much down to your hardware as it is the software you choose. If you're happy with low res in a small window while you dabble and learn then many suggestions will be fine. Microsoft's is good and I used Pinnacle for my main prog. Enjoy.

pj123 11:11 17 Oct 05

I use Sonic MyDVD Studio which can be downloaded for £43.99 from: click here

But I bought Ulead MovieFactory 4 for someone a week ago, cost £23.89 (inc VAT and postage) from Ebuyer.

Seems to have gone up a bit since then, now appears to be around £33.

click here

GroupFC 11:11 17 Oct 05

"Is Windows Moviemaker any good?" - It really depends what you want to do! I have used MM to make some slideshows but haven't really got into the video side of it yet, although I have dabbled with it bit.

It seems to me that video-editing on a PC is relatively time-consuming as everything is done in realtime, which when you are trying to put together a movie can be frustrating!

I would certainly start with MM and if you find you enjoy it (and have time to pursue it!), then investigate some of the other s/ware available.

MM does have some limitations, but to a certain extent these can be overcome. If you want to use MM have a read thro' click here, which I found very useful before starting with MM (and certainly saved wading through the help files!).

HTH & Good Luck.

Maturin 11:33 17 Oct 05

Version 7 out now in shops and dowloadable from Oct 26th click here

I have used Nero 6 Reloaded (OEM Suite) availabe for £3.49 inc VAT click here (scroll down the page).

[It took a while, but I have a nice compilation of video and slideshow on on one disc now.]

pj123 13:29 17 Oct 05

I also have used Nero version 6.6.0.16 for video but found it dropped too many frames. Consequently the playback was very jerky.

Hopefully Version 7 will overcome that problem.

Doberman 14:56 17 Oct 05

What a response!! Thanks to all who replied, it's given me a lot to work on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…