dvd dual layer writer

dirgo 21:11 10 Nov 08

hi all i am new to this forum can you help me out, i have just bought a sony dual layer writer when i installed it and switched my computer (vista) back on as it was booting up i got this message ( disk read error) press ctrl alt del to restart but when i did this it just took me back to the same message. so i tried in my other computer (xp ) and i had no probs any suggestions anyone? thanks

Fingees 09:59 11 Nov 08

try:-

Check your bios is set to boot from hard drive first.

It may be set to boot from the new drive which at the moment it may not recognise.

You will only need to set CD to boot first when installing operating sytem if you ever need to.

dirgo 10:37 11 Nov 08

hi Fingees i have just tried that, but still the same. this computer that i am trying to put the new dvd writer in used to have windows xp on, but i upgraded it to vista when i boot up it says verrifying dmi pool data then i get the message disc read error occurred

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…