DVD Dual Layer

prima12 12:55 01 Oct 04

Hi all, Not really a query, more information. Is there any advantage for the person who doesn't need to copy and store vast quantities of information, in buying a dual layer DVD writer?Most of the time I only want to copy to disc, photos I have taken, and possibly copy them to either DVD+R or DVD-R for relatives whose DVD players only play one or the other formats.

Noelg23 13:04 01 Oct 04

I wouldnt get a dual layer one just get an 8x one that copies all formats but you dont need to spend that much cos you wont be needing to copy double layer DVDs especially if its just for photos and things like that...an 8x multiformat DVD writer will cost you around £40-£50 check click here the advantage is you have it and in the long run you can make your own movies with it...the possibilities are limitless...for now...

prima12 13:11 01 Oct 04

Thanks for that Noelg23. Do you know if there are there many DVD writers in single layer that also record in RAM format, the only reason I ask is that my DVD player and my DVD recorder both play RAM, or is it an unnecessary luxury I can live without?

stylehurst 13:56 01 Oct 04

Don't know of a single layer DVD writer that records to RAM, but LG make a dual layer job that records to this format; cost is about £55 OEM from Novatech

Noelg23 14:10 01 Oct 04

yes you can get single layer DVD-writers that do DVD-RAM...just go to click here and you should find one...

SEASHANTY 16:15 01 Oct 04

The LG GSA4040B (4x writer) and the LG GSA4082
(8x writer) both support All formats - including
DVD-RAM

SEASHANTY 16:19 01 Oct 04

Microdirect. Click on LG DVD Drives if it doesn't bring up the LG page click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…