DVD dual drive/aspi layer Problem

miner 23:59 09 Apr 04

Since reinstalling my W98SE system after a HDD failure I cannot get mt DVD dual drive to burn dvd or cds or to play dvds either. The drive will play audio cds though.

I'm using Nero and I have downloaded and installed aspi32.dll which Nero felt may have caused the problem, but no luck. The Nero Info Tool says that the aspi layer is still corrupted.

Any thoughts please?

dazzling (work) 00:05 10 Apr 04

go to the adaptec site and get the latest drivers 4.291a or something like that and install it.then go to nero site and get the nero aspi driver and install that then you should be ok.out of curiosity how do you burn dvds over 4 gb in win 98se.darren

miner 13:21 10 Apr 04

I have installed the 4.71 Adaptec aspi driver although some sources say this is unneccasary as Nero has its own.

With our without the Adaptec driver the Nero Info Tool tells me that the System Aspi is corrupted and consists of:

wnaspi32.dll
apix.vxd
winaspi.dll
aspienum.vxd

The Nero aspi is working and consists of:

wnaspi32.dll
NeroApix.vxd

Cannot answer the 4gb burning question at the moment, Darren, as I haven't got that far!

dazzling (work) 22:35 14 Apr 04

the reason i asked was that i was told that you cannot have a file bigger than 4gb on a fat32 system which is what 98se runs on so you in theory can never burn the full capacity of a dvd.to do this you require ntfs which you get using xp 2000 or nt.darren

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…