DVD drivers and software wiped

Phil76414 13:20 18 Jun 03

Please help. My harddrive has been re formatted, a new OS installed and I have a DVD ROM drive that Win2000 recognised as a CD ROM drive, I do not have a disc as all the previous software was pre installed when I bought the PC. I have tried installing a couple of free software DVD players, but they don't deem to work.

Does anyone know what I need to do to get back use of the DVD ROM?

Thanks, Phil

Philip2 14:11 18 Jun 03

A DVD Rom drive can not be recognised as a CD Rom drive if you go to system then device manager when you click on CD Rom it should show your DVD Rom drive and you update the driver can you see the drive in the bios??

g0slp 14:15 18 Jun 03

It might sound obvious, & apologies if you've already done it, but have you tried going to the DVD drive's maker's web site & downloading the driver from there?

The other possibility is a site which was mentioned on here recently, "click here" or similar - can't recall immediately, but trying the PCA search facility on this site should bring it up for you.

Best of luck
g0slp

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…