DVD Drive won't play DVD movies

EmZe 19:06 28 Feb 06

I have just completed building my first PC from scratch. Everything is brand new and has been great until I tried to play a DVD.

I have a Lite-on DVD ROM drive set as master, this came with PowerDVD software V.5.0 which I have loaded.

I also have a Sony DVD-R/RW drive set as slave which came with Nero Software and InCD which I have also loaded.

When I try to play a DVD movie in either drive the disc spins, the software (either Nero or PowerDVD) loads but then stops responding and I have to exit out ctrl-alt-del.

I have no problems playing CD's, CD-Rom or DVD-Rom in either drive. I have also checked that the region code for the software is set to region 2.

Could this be a software conflict? Does it matter that the drives are connected through the secondary IDE port as the first one is free as I have an SATA HDD?

I really have no clue what to do next as this is the first PC I've built.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:11 28 Feb 06

Set the RW drive as master nd the rom drive as slave.

RW sometimes don't like being slave to a Rom.

Fellsider 20:12 28 Feb 06

"I have also checked that the region code for the software is set to region 2."

What about the Hardware, are the drive(s) set for region 2?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…