DVD Drive Test

Pesala 10:47 11 May 03

I suspect there might be something wrong with my DVD drive as it has trouble running some CDs but not others. click here

Is there any test I can run to check the drive?

-pops- 11:33 11 May 03

Are these CDRs? If so, does this problem occur with certain brands and not others? If so, are these ones with a dark coloured "active" side?

The reason I ask this is because the prime purpose of a DVD drive is to read DVDs and the CD reading laser might be something of an aftertought, therefore not very good/sensitive and will only read certain qualities of CD.

Then, of course, I might be entirely wrong.

Brian

Pesala 12:39 11 May 03

A PC Plus DVD disk ran fine, as did stuff like WordPerfect and Printer Driver installation programs. So too did my home-made CD on a Packard-Bell CD-RW disk.

Many CD-R Magazine cover disks do not run, though I am sure that they used to. The Octan media are light grey, but I am beginning to suspect the drive, so I want to find a test for it. I already ran the SiSoft Sandra test, but it doesn't detect any faults and I don't really understand the benchmarks results it produces.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…