DVD Drive Query

Legslip 07:01 24 Aug 04

Trying to help a pal with his Evesham laptop.

I tried to show him how to burn files to a CD-R disk but the machine (or Windows) would not do it. He has one of these combined CD/DVD drives (a Mat*!@:a DVD-RAM US-8205). Can you burn CD-R's on such devices or am I trying to burn to the wrong type of disk?

xania 09:53 24 Aug 04

Before I can offer any advice, a number of questions:

Have you installed the software that came with the drive?

Have you tried with the media that came with the drive?

What version of Windows are you running?

Can you please be more accurate about the CD/DVD drive model number. What is Mat*!@?. The only reference I have found to DVD-RAM US-8205 picks out 8205 as tape.

Can you indicate the Evesham laptop model number?

What CDs are you trying to use (manufacture and model)?

SABRE 10:15 24 Aug 04

Thanks Xania.

The drive is a Matshumi on Win XP Home. The Evesham model is a Voyager XT and I am using Memorex CD-R's.

i have spoken to Evesham this morning and they state that copy/burning should be done with the 'Pinnacle Instant CD.DVD' software that comes installed with the machine. They state that this overwrites XP and does not allow it to copy/paste to the CD Drive. It is XP that I have been trying to use.

Don't know why Pinnacle should do this, NERO doesn't. Still, all I can do is try it tonight.

woodchip 10:20 24 Aug 04

As it got NERO or another software burn program. Have you used it?????

SABRE 11:36 24 Aug 04

What I might do is remove the Pinnacle Software and install NERO as I know that NERO will still leave the option to copy/paste/write to CD in Win. Explorer if I wish to.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…