DVD DRIVE PROBLEMS

Hullite 17:55 07 Aug 06

Can anybody help, my dvd drive will not close it keeps opening over and over again. If I hold it in I just get a blue screen. My daughter said that there was a cd in it today when the problem started. I tried loading another cd into the drive but it just rejects it. the computer is on at the moment with the cd drive open.

James. 18:12 07 Aug 06

Go to Device Manager and uninstall the drive, reboot and allow Windows to re-detect it and all should be well.

Diversion 18:35 07 Aug 06

It could be that a broken cd is inside the unit, and this is why drawer won't stay shut. A disc once shattered in one of my drives with the same results.

rodriguez 18:46 07 Aug 06

Best thing to do if you keep having this problem is to take the drive out and open it up. As Diversion said there could be a broken CD or other object jammed inside that's not letting it shut properly so it just pops back out. If you can get the stuff out that's blocking it then it should work ok. If there's nothing in there that's making it come out then the drive could be faulty and you may need a replacement.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…