DVD Drive problem

geedad 08:35 19 Jun 05

On tring to copy to my DVD+-RW/CD-RW drive, Windows reports that there is a problem,and the copy dialogue box shows an attempt to copy, asking to cancel, skip or continue.
MS does not give any other explanation other than that there is a problem!
I am using good quality DVD-RW (TDK).
Windows XP Home, 3 GHz Intel Pent.4 with HT, ATI Radeon 9200. 160 GB HDD.
I have also used Sony software to try to copy, and that reports something to do with 'spindles'.
All previous copy operations were OK using the same disks.
Would a drive lens cleaner help?
Any other suggestions?
Oh, games software etc, run OK in drive.
geedad

Joe R 08:53 19 Jun 05

geedad,

open my computer, right click on the dvd drive, choose properties-record, and tick the box that says, "enable cd recording on this drive"

geedad 09:16 19 Jun 05

Joe R,
Thanks for speedy response!
Tried, but seems different dialogue box contents!
Mine shows 'Enable digital CD audio for this CD-ROM drive' - ( which is enabled )
Some previous submissions by members suggest uninstalling the drive, then rebooting for Windows to auto re-install - good idea or more trouble ?
geedad

Joe R 09:26 19 Jun 05

geedad,

It would maybe a good idea to uninstall it, but remember to boot up first with it uninstalled, so that it can clear all settings.

You could also try uninstalling your software, at the same time, and reinstalling it when you, reinstall the drive.

Good luck. Regards. Joe.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…