DVD drive not working

Cam123 17:56 24 Jan 06

a few days ago i was using my computer when there was a powercut. When the electricity came back on i turned the pc on the drive stopped working , the light doesn't flash nad it wont open. Its a sony 16x dual layer drive.

Any help would be much appreciated

Totally-braindead 17:58 24 Jan 06

Try checking the power lead inside the computer, if its in ok and still doesn't work perhaps try another power connector and see what happens with that.

Cam123 18:02 24 Jan 06

the power lead is fine , are the other power connectors the plastic thing with the four leads in each one , would they work?

Totally-braindead 18:10 24 Jan 06

Yes thats them, any of them will do I'm just trying to work out whether the power supply is damaged or whether the DVD is damaged. If it works with another connector then you know the old connector is faulty, if it doesn't then try connecting the hard drive one to the DVD and any of the others to the hard drive and see what happens. If windows still starts ok after this and the DVD still isn't recognised then it looks like the DVD is damaged and will need replaced though there are a couple of other things you can try before confirming this.

Cam123 20:57 24 Jan 06

its still not working unfortuantely , what are the other couple of things i could do you were talking about? tahnks for help so far

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5