DVD drive not recognized

Quilljar 14:24 05 Jun 04

Since having a new motherboard installed, my DVD/CDRom ATAPI X 10 drive is not recognized When I put a CD or a DVD into the drive I just get a message asking me to insert a disc into the drive.

I have searched the web for an updated driver, the one that came with it is in DOS and on a floppy.My Device Manager tells me it is working correctly, but it clearly is not. Is there any hope that I can get it working, and if so how?

anon1 14:33 05 Jun 04

I take it it worked before the new mainboard. In which case did you install it in the same manner? Was it and is it a slave or master? did that configuration remain the same? Have you double checked the wiring is connected properly it can be easy to get the ribbon cable the wrong way round on some hardware.

Quilljar 17:22 05 Jun 04

The whole thing was installed by a fairly incompetent dealer, whom I refuse to go back to. I will check the connections, this is just one of many things that went wrong. I have spent a month on a steeplearning curve putting most of his mistakes right. This is just another that I will have to learn about.. so tiring though.

wotbus@ 18:08 05 Jun 04

click here
Forget the private message.
Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…