DVD drive not recognised by burmer program

Bagpipes 10:54 08 Jun 04

I am running XP and have recently installed a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-107D. When I try to copy to DVD`s I am told that the drive is not recognised. I can burn CD`s, play DVD`s but when i attemp to use it as a DVD burner it says DVD not found. In device manager there is no problems and says the device is working properly. I have tried it with both DVD+ & DVD-. Any ideas some one please.

Thanks

Eric10 11:51 08 Jun 04

Have you got the latest version of your burning software? Updates are issued to address problems identified in their software and also to add support for newer drives.

pj123 18:11 08 Jun 04

As Eric10 says you need the latest version. If you use Nero you need Nero 6 to address DVD writing.

Eric10 18:36 08 Jun 04

By email: I have tried to upgrade it but keep getting error messages from the server, thanks tho.

Please don't take this wrong bagpipe. I'm not meaning to offend you but it is better to post in the thread rather than email as it gives others a chance to follow what is happening and perhaps offer relevant suggestions.

You may want to try this free burning software click here. It supports DVD and at least it won't cost you anything to try other than the cost of a download.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…