DVD drive not functioning after a format and xp

MIKE. 19:05 02 Jun 07

My next door neighbour knows I tinker around with computors and ask me to look at his PC which had the blue screen of death when ever he booted his PC. His machine is a Dell with XP home which is about three years old. I tried most things I know to get it working to no avail, so I decided to format and reload windows. This all went well and windows loaded. When I tried to use the DVD drive after loading windows to load his printer and all his other data the DVD drive will not function, the tray opens but when you put a disk in it will not read the data. He use a SATA H/D and a IDE DVD rom, When I go into Device manager I can see the DVD drive and it tells me all is ok.Any Ideas please as I am now at the end of my knowledge.

Technotiger 19:22 02 Jun 07

Hi, go into devices again and right-click on the cdrom drive, then choose Update Driver.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…