dvd drive not auto playing

jay.p 00:53 31 Dec 06

both my writer and dvd rom drive will not autoplay i can only access a disc through my computer.bit of a prob if i try to install a 2 disc game as it will not access the 2nd disc automatically.how can i get them to autoplay.
also when i explore a disc and later eject it the drive still shows the disc as being in the drive.

terryf 02:06 31 Dec 06

right click on 'my computer>properties and go to hardware>device manager. Right click on each of the 2 devices and uninstall them, reboot and let the os find them again

jay.p 02:15 31 Dec 06

did that terry but still no joy i,m afraid.

Staz 02:30 31 Dec 06

But try right click on the drive in my computer and then it gives you autoplay options on one of the tabs

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:14 31 Dec 06

Autoplay Repair Wizard click here

or

Autoplay disable/enable
1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then press ENTER.
2. Locate and click the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\CDRom
3. To disable automatically running CD-ROMs, change the Autorun value to 0 (zero). To enable automatically running CD-ROMs, change the Autorun value to 1.
4. Restart your computer.

jay.p 14:31 31 Dec 06

excellent suggestion fruit bat.already tried auto play wizard which found no problems.
never thought of the registry,anyway they have the 1 value in there ok but the top line has this.
name type data
ab (default) reg_sz (value not set)
do i try setting this value as 1 or not.i am wary of trying it without comfirmation as it is the registery. any chance peeking at yours for me to see what it is set at.
cheers.

Gongoozler 15:57 31 Dec 06

jay.p, that is the same entry as I have, so don't change it. The line after AutoRun in my system has AutoRunAlwaysDisable, and a list of drives. Does yours have a similar line, and if so is your drive in the list?

Hertz Van Rentyl 16:06 31 Dec 06

Could try reset DMA will not do any harm if it does'nt do any good if you follow.
click here

Hertz Van Rentyl 16:08 31 Dec 06

Might get a milicious script warning from your security stuff, just ignore it.

jay.p 14:40 01 Jan 07

not exactly a pc wiz. so how do i use the dma vbscript file hertz... thanks in advance.

Hertz Van Rentyl 20:51 01 Jan 07

just run it after downloading, click run and then run then reboot.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…