dvd drive not auto playing

jay.p 00:53 31 Dec 06

both my writer and dvd rom drive will not autoplay i can only access a disc through my computer.bit of a prob if i try to install a 2 disc game as it will not access the 2nd disc automatically.how can i get them to autoplay.
also when i explore a disc and later eject it the drive still shows the disc as being in the drive.

terryf 02:06 31 Dec 06

right click on 'my computer>properties and go to hardware>device manager. Right click on each of the 2 devices and uninstall them, reboot and let the os find them again

jay.p 02:15 31 Dec 06

did that terry but still no joy i,m afraid.

Staz 02:30 31 Dec 06

But try right click on the drive in my computer and then it gives you autoplay options on one of the tabs

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:14 31 Dec 06

Autoplay Repair Wizard click here

or

Autoplay disable/enable
1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then press ENTER.
2. Locate and click the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\CDRom
3. To disable automatically running CD-ROMs, change the Autorun value to 0 (zero). To enable automatically running CD-ROMs, change the Autorun value to 1.
4. Restart your computer.

jay.p 14:31 31 Dec 06

excellent suggestion fruit bat.already tried auto play wizard which found no problems.
never thought of the registry,anyway they have the 1 value in there ok but the top line has this.
name type data
ab (default) reg_sz (value not set)
do i try setting this value as 1 or not.i am wary of trying it without comfirmation as it is the registery. any chance peeking at yours for me to see what it is set at.
cheers.

Gongoozler 15:57 31 Dec 06

jay.p, that is the same entry as I have, so don't change it. The line after AutoRun in my system has AutoRunAlwaysDisable, and a list of drives. Does yours have a similar line, and if so is your drive in the list?

Hertz Van Rentyl 16:06 31 Dec 06

Could try reset DMA will not do any harm if it does'nt do any good if you follow.
click here

Hertz Van Rentyl 16:08 31 Dec 06

Might get a milicious script warning from your security stuff, just ignore it.

jay.p 14:40 01 Jan 07

not exactly a pc wiz. so how do i use the dma vbscript file hertz... thanks in advance.

Hertz Van Rentyl 20:51 01 Jan 07

just run it after downloading, click run and then run then reboot.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…