Dvd drive keeps opening.

jam500 06:34 31 Mar 07

Hi, Im not sure why but at completly random times my dvd drive opens and closes by itself, Sometimes it doesnt close by itself and i have to do it, It is a Samsung 616t that came with the pc which is now 5 years old. Im running XP.
Thanks in advance

Greengage 09:22 31 Mar 07

I've had a similar problem with a Samsung - when I open to insert disc, it closes before it has a chance to accept it almost as if the slight weight of the disc prompts it to do so. Also, when I press to open it does so but immediately closes and sometimes when it is actually open and I try to take a disc out it closes just as I get my fingers on the disc. I finally overcame this problem by pressing to open and keeping my finger on the open button - then I closed it by doing the same. It did not cure it straight away but doing this over a few days from time to time corrected it.

MichelleC 09:35 31 Mar 07

A good blast with compressed air might do the trick.

jam500 10:58 31 Mar 07

Funny i was looking at the compressed air only yesterday as the pc has collected alot of dust.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…