DVD Drive Has Disappeared

babybell 21:19 24 Aug 09

Error message:

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

I have tried updating the Driver but it says its up to date.

What should I do?

babybell 21:42 24 Aug 09

I have uninstalled the driver and windows began reinstalling the driver but it said there is an error.

System restore also doesnt seem to work on my computer either so that is not an option

FatboySlim71 22:37 24 Aug 09

Try switching your computer off. I'm not sure if you have a desktop PC but if you have remove the side panel and disconnect the leads from the DVD drive, replace the cover and then switch the PC on and see if it finds and installs it.

AlanHo 23:02 24 Aug 09

(......disconnect the leads from the DVD drive, replace the cover and then switch the PC on and see if it finds and installs it....)

How will that work? - surely the computer will not find the DVD with its leads not connected.

FatboySlim71 23:04 24 Aug 09

Sorry I meant to add, 'reconnect the leads and then the cover and switch on the PC', its been a long day : )

Stuartli 23:55 24 Aug 09

Try running CheckDisk (ChkDsk). Go to My Computer>right click>Explore>highlight your optical drive>right click>Properties>click on Check for Errors button>tick the first box (second as well if you wish to check for sector errors)>OK and then immediately Reboot.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…