dvd drive error

stourry 17:18 03 Oct 04

have installed a new dvd drive ide x16 run win 98se amd 2000+ processor gforce 4 64mb raphics card. when put dvd in to run error message appears as follows
DVD Error
the tv port of your display card is not working properly.
when i press display it says
This copy protected disc can not be played when the tv out function is enabled.
how do i sort this can you help
thanks in advance
ray

Diodorus Siculus 17:24 03 Oct 04

Try the latest graphics card drivers - this has something to do with copy protection.

If possible, post the exact wording of the error message.

JonnyTub 17:55 03 Oct 04

this is macrovision at play, basically coded into your machine and you can't get around it (legally).

JonnyTub 17:58 03 Oct 04

or after a little more research it could be buggy software click here

stourry 19:39 03 Oct 04

In first post i wrote exact wording of error message and details box. this is a new dvd purchased today and the power dvd disc came with it does this mean that he has given me this disc and it should not be with this product
thanks
ray

JonnyTub 19:44 03 Oct 04

no, all you have to do is update the power dvd software, look for an option within the software to update it.

JonnyTub 19:45 03 Oct 04

also download the latest driver for your graphics card.

Power dvd's response "Error Code: "F54564F5" - The DVD Forum requested all DVD player developers (hardware or software) to protect analog output (TV-OUT) by MacroVision. Therefore we believe that your problem may be from one of the two reasons below:
1. When the MacroVision chipset, located in your VGA card, detects the electric equipment which is connected when the TV power is on, it will interfere with the TV-OUT function.
Our suggestion: Please turn the electric equipment power off which is connected to your TV.
2. There are display cards in the market with a built-in TV-OUT function and are not approved by MacroVision. Therefore, a DVD software decoder, like PowerDVD, is forced to shut down the TV- OUT function to prevent any recording.
Our suggestion: Please download the latest driver for your VGA card. If it still doesn't work, please contact your VGA card vendor or find a VGA card approved by MacroVision. Then you can watch DVD via the TV-OUT function.
"

stourry 20:18 03 Oct 04

Jonny Tub
thanks for all the help have downloaded best drivers system now working
thanks to everyone for the help
ray

JonnyTub 20:35 03 Oct 04

your welcome.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…