DVD drive doesn't recognise DVD's

y_not 20:05 23 Jul 03

Earlier today I played a DVD without a problem.

I have since tried to copy a DVD (a sample that I produced and often copy) but the DVD drive didn't recognise that there was a DVD in the writer.

Since then I have been unable to read or write DVD's.

Any ideas or suggestions, please?

DVD = NEC ND1300A
Ritek 4X blanks & Sample DVD
Win2k, 756Mb RAM, 162Gb HDD (Total), Nero DVD software, Interactual player software.

I have already removed from Device Manager, tried several re-boots, checked connections.
Nero opens drawer but then asks for media to be inserted (when a disk is already in the drive)

Philip2 20:13 23 Jul 03

If your running XP try Power DVD i have never used Interactual player for two years even then i had to use Power DVD software for it to work.

y_not 20:16 23 Jul 03

Thanks for the reply Philip. I am using Interactual and its been working fine - till this evening.

I am wondering if the DVD writer is faulty - I've had a few problems since I bought it but, for the last few weeks, it seemed to settle down.

Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Philip2 22:13 23 Jul 03

Sorry i was no help but if your DVD writer is new
and looks faulty take it back we all pay enough for are hardware these days.

Stuartli 23:07 23 Jul 03

You are not hitting the cancel button when Nero asks for a disk? That will ruin the session.

Gaz 25 23:19 23 Jul 03

FAULTY, I had this and the drive chucked it out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…