DVD Drive

toga 21:32 30 May 06

Hello

I have a DVD CD combo drive. The drive has stopped working. After uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers, without success, I thought that there was a problem with it.

I borrowed a DVD drive from a friend (DVD was working in his second machine). This would not work but was recognised by win xp pro (SP2) and is recognised in the BIOS.

Any ideas would be appreaciated.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:25 30 May 06

No CD/DVD or CD-ROM access is missing error Code 19, Code 31, Code 32, Code 39, or Code 41

click here

Try this if the optical drives are not appearing in My Computer or Device Manager.
(This is sometimes caused by the removal of Roxio or other writing software.)
Run regedit and navigate to registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}.
Highlight it and in the right pane, find the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values.
Highlight each one in turn, right click and delete them.
Close regedit and restart the computer.
If in doubt make a restore point before making changes.

toga 21:58 31 May 06

Hello Fruit Bat /\0/\, thanks for replying.

I tried the download via the link you provided and running regedit and deleting the upper/lowerfilters. No success though.

The thing I find strange is that I can see each drive in device manager and the bios. I have a CD writer attached to the secondary IDE as a slave to the DVD (I have tried the reverse of this) that works without any problems.

One thought, I am running low on HDD space (C drive) would this have an affect on these drives.

Many thanks.

User-312386 22:23 31 May 06

have you ensured that the connectors on the IDE cables are fitting tight?

Als have you ensured that the power cable is plugged in?

How did you uninstall the drive? By device manager?

toga 21:28 01 Jun 06

madboy33©®

Everything seems ok, physically.

I can insert a disk, hear it spin up but nothing happens. When I look via windows explorer and click on the dvd drive I get a message asking me to insert a disk. The disk I have used has worked before.

I don't know if this may cause aproblem, but as I said to Fruit Bat /\0/\ I am running out of disk space on C:\ drive and I have my HHD (80GB) partitioned into 5 drives C, D, E, F, G.

User-312386 22:25 01 Jun 06

now this is a weird one

Have you by any chance got anydvd?

toga 22:36 03 Jun 06

madboy33©®
I have a DVD that I know has worked before but it isn't recognised.

User-312386 23:11 03 Jun 06

No what i meant was do you have anydvd click here ?

toga 13:20 04 Jun 06

madboy33©®

I now have anyDVD but I still get the same problem. I think that I may need to start from the beginning and re-format my HDD, have fewer partitions and take it from there.

Thank you for your help, its much appreciated.

User-312386 21:06 04 Jun 06

no uninstall anydvd and re-install it and that should sort the problem

skidzy 21:34 04 Jun 06

Could it be possible the laser has packed up on the dvd/cd drive...does it play audio cd's ?

I recently aquired a laptop and had a very similar problem.click here

Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…