DVD DRIVE

Sweet William 14:13 27 Mar 06

I am unable to backup digital photographs to DVD+RW disc. I can only assume my DVD drive is not capable of burning a backup disc. The drive is a RICOH DVD+RW MP5240A. The software I am using is Photo Backup 2.3.2LE. Any suggestions how to solve the problem please?

ACOLYTE 14:18 27 Mar 06

I would have thought that the DVD drive is well capable of buring the backup,i would tend to lean toward the software you are using,have you got any other burning software installed?

paul_abc 14:22 27 Mar 06

probably make sure your using the right type of DVD R discs, some discs wont work in some DVD drives, +R discs dont work in mine only -R

or id check to see if you can record on to that drive, click on my computer, left click your DVD drive, click properties, click recording tab, and tick record on this drive.

that way you should be able to drag and drop the files on to the drive and copy to disc.

probably way off but thought id try lol

SANTOS7 14:23 27 Mar 06

click here
if you do not have any other third party burning software try this.....

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:45 27 Mar 06

DVD+RW would not recommend RW discs for back up, always back up to recordable not rewritable disks.

Sweet William 19:54 28 Mar 06

I had tried three different softwares, all of which suggested that the CD or DVD drive was not capable of burning a backup disc. On that basis I discounted the type of disc I was using. On receipt of your advice I tried a CD-R instead of a DVD+RW. Success!!!! My sincere thanks to you all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…