DVD Drive

Hetti 07:29 25 Nov 04

My DVD drive will not open,any ideas please?

Gongoozler 08:46 25 Nov 04

If you have a disk formatted for packet writing such as InCD, you can only open the tray via "My Computer" or "Windows Explorer". Right click on the drive and select "Eject".

Hetti 12:03 25 Nov 04

Gongoozeler
I'm not sure if I can explain this correctly,but here go's
This is a new PC 4 weeks old,it has two drives one has DVD rom logo on the front of the drive,that one works OK.

The second one has DVD R/RW RW and compact disc rewritable on the front of the drive bay,this is the one that will not open, I have not used any of the drives yet.

When I followed your suggestion the first drive opened, but that is the one that was ok, the other drive stayed shut,the other options in my computer are ..removable disk (F)(H) (G) (I)they are removable disk's.
Is this a problem or is it me doing somthing wrong?

Gongoozler 12:51 25 Nov 04

Hetti, there is clearly a problem with this drive. Removable Disk refers to devices such as card readers. If you click on Start - Run. Type into the "Open" box diskmgmt.msc, and then click OK, the Disk Management box should open. In the bottom half of the box, scroll down to the problem drive, right click on it and select "Properties". You should then find what the computer thinks the drive is.

Hetti 13:17 25 Nov 04

Gongoozeler
Thanks for the reply, I did as you said I got....
"disc 0 online healthy system"
then i have removable drives F G H I "no media"
CD rom 0 also no media,
Do you think I should give the firm i bought it from a ring?

Hetti 13:44 25 Nov 04

Hi Gongoozeler

Update I rang the Firm, turns out the connection inside the tower had worked loose, its fine now thanks again

Gongoozler 13:51 25 Nov 04

Hi Hetti. I'm pleased you got it sorted so easily. I suspected a loose connection but didn't want to suggest opening the box of a 4 week old system.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…