DVD Drive

jessej 18:02 17 May 04

In trouble again.
I recently fitted a BTC Model 10041M DVD R/RW drive. When I put a DVD Film in it yesterday the message appeared asking what programme I wanted to use to read it. I selected REAL Player, and promptly got the message that a update was required which I downloaded. It then said that I needed to load the software that came with the drive or one of 4 alternative programmes I could download. One of them being Cyberlink Power DVD, which, as it happened, was supplied. Power DVD was installed when the drive was fitted but I removed it as everytime I clicked on 'configure' the computer crashed, anyhow I followed REAL's instructions and re-installed Power DVD, put the DVD in the drive, clicked on play and promptly got a lovely blue screen. After trying again, and getting another blue screen I removed Power DVD and installed a trial version of Any DVD. At least the computer didn't crash, I just got the message that the DVD had failed to register. I should add that I tried both programmes with, first time, the same DVD then another DVD the second time, both play perfectly on a normal DVD player. I have noticed that though the DVD drive is recognised in BIOS and the system in general, there are a couple of programmes, Nero and a BackUp programme, that still seem to think it is a CD R/RW. Any ideas would, as always, be very much appreciated.
I am using Windows XP Home, with SP1. The motherboard is an ASUS A7V8X-MX with a AMD Athlon XP2200+. The hard drive is only 40GB but has more than 30GB free.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…