dvd does not automatically play

Dannyb 21:06 12 Jul 04

I recently put a dvd film into my pc's dvd player and nothing happened. After a lot of fiddling about with windows help it started to play but I don't know what I did nor why it didn't/doesn't open straight away. I have windows 2000. Can anybody advise please.

Ive 21:11 12 Jul 04

Was it genuine or copied.

THE TERMINATOR 21:16 12 Jul 04

d/click on my computer icon and right click on your dvd drive, from the menu click on properties, click on the autoplay tab and choose dvd movie from the pull down menu, and select the action to perform (ie play with dvd player)....TT

Dannyb 21:29 12 Jul 04

Ive, how could you suggest such a thing. It was, of course, a genuine purchased dvd

Dannyb 21:39 12 Jul 04

Terminator, I tried what you suggested but don't find an autoplay tab - help!

THE TERMINATOR 21:55 12 Jul 04

have you got TWEAK UI it's part of powetoys and is available from the microsoft web site, you should be able to make changes to autoplay here. You could also try right clicking the dvd drive with the dvd in(at the time)and choose open with, choose the program and enable always use this option....TT

Dannyb 21:59 12 Jul 04

The only way I seem to be able to get the dvd to play is to go into windows 2000 help and click on dvd player. It then seems to start the dvd player when I actually thought it would have only given me written information???

THE TERMINATOR 20:15 17 Jul 04

Go into device manager and delete the offending drive, and re-boot, windows should automatically register the drive and install your drivers. This might get your drive going again....TT

stalion 20:22 17 Jul 04

do other dvd's autoplay if not install this
click here

stalion 21:12 17 Jul 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…