//some 3rd party need geo

DVD To DivX

fuzzyone 13:30 24 Jul 04

Just a question about conversion software.

I have a lot of dvd's which i'm hoping to convert to divx, so that i can give to relatives abroad.

Not having a dvd writer, i require a converter to change the format to divx (or xvid), as both parties have dvd players which can play both.

I've seen a lot of software which can do this, but would rather get some input from people who have used such software, and can recommend one.

jonnytub 13:38 24 Jul 04

tmpeg about one of the best

Q-Bie 14:26 24 Jul 04

lots of info available at doom9

click here

However I should point out that due to UK copyright law you can't make a backup copy of your DVDs, as doing so breaks the CSS encryption etc..

I hear a lot of people say you're allowed to make 1 backup for your own use, but AFAIK that only applies to the US, where they have a fair use provision in law (However the movie indistry seems bent on taking this fair use right away from US citizens). Over here our copyright laws are extremely strict.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…