D.V.D. divided in Regions.

nerawan 11:03 19 Jan 04

Hi..I know that the D.VC.D. format has been divided in different regions acrooss the world...My question is: If I take a laptop bought here in U.K. can work in other places like North or South America...Wich ones are the limitations?...Thank in advance.

A Cat Called George 11:06 19 Jan 04

You should be able to change your dvd drive's region setting to the one you need where you are going. It is usually possible to this a limited number of times before the setting becomes permanent.

Jester2K 11:08 19 Jan 04

The DVD Player will play in different regions. What matters is the Region Coding on the DVD. For example if you DVD drive is locked to Region 2 (Europe) then no matter where you are in the world you can only play Region 2 discs (or region-less discs)

Look on the back of a DVD box and you'll see a black and white symbol with a number showing the disc region.

The Regions - click here

nerawan 11:42 19 Jan 04

Thanks for the answers but still not clear at all...To be more specific. I want to buy a laptop and record all my music in D.V.D. Later i about 2 months send it to a niece in South America, wich has a diff. code...What problems or limitations can she find?
How to change the seettings you mentioned...Thanks again.

Jester2K 11:53 19 Jan 04

If you are burning your own DVDs then you will have no problems asw you can't region encode the DVD. It will be "Region-less" and be playable on all DVD Players regardless of their region.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…