DVD Disks + / -

MIKE 17:29 17 Apr 04

High guys as always I am after some advice, about DVD Disks. I know DVD's come in various guises some are rated + or - R some are +RW. I know the difference between R and RW but do not understand the difference between + or -. My DVD writer is an optirite drive rated to take +/- but should I go for + or - and would it make any difference which style I chose. My head hurts help please.

NGE 17:32 17 Apr 04

choose -dvdr disks as they write faster than +. Heh sorry thats all i know. But only buy them if your dvd writer supports it. Mine is a dual like yours +/-.

MisterPaul 17:40 17 Apr 04

It gets complicated and I'm no expert, but I'm sure someone on here will give you a link. Some dvd players will only play + or -, and some will play both.

Eric10 17:53 17 Apr 04

The -R is compatible with more domestic DVD players but this is changing all the time with later generation players. Some later versions of burning software such as Nero 6.3.1.6 allow you to change the booktype of a +R DVD to DVD ROM booktype before burning. This is the same as used for a commercial DVD. This feature isn't available with -R so it probably isn't necessary for them or maybe it just isn't possible with the technology of these discs.

Smiler 18:02 17 Apr 04

Have look here click here and browse through the site for loads of info.

MIKE 18:56 17 Apr 04

As always guys thanks for your help. I need to browse more to decide what to go for.

sgtdibble 20:50 17 Apr 04

thanks for the link Smiler my nephew keeps asking me about DVD's so i will sent the link to him thanks again Tom >>>

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…