DVD disc data recovery?

dan12345 07:56 19 Apr 06

I have 3 TDK DVD+RW disks that I have saved hundreds of jpg and some other files on for safe keeping. However, when I recently inserted these discs into my computer, it reports them as blank media and I can't see my files on them. I have tried the discs in 3 different computers, but all give the same result. The discs were perfectly readable after I first burned them last year. I have not accidently erased them in the meantime! I have tried a programme called DVD rescue in an attempt to recover my files, but it reports that it can't find any sessions on the discs.

Does anybody know of a way to retrieve the files again? Thank you.

PaulB2005 08:24 19 Apr 06

Try ISOBuster - click here

dan12345 09:58 19 Apr 06

Thanks Paul....Just tried it, but no luck. Reports that the disc is blank.

Totally-braindead 10:04 19 Apr 06

Never seen this before, corrupted files yes, unreadable files yes, but 3 different computers all saying the disks are blank? I wish I could help, I'll be watching to see if someone comes up with a solution.

pj123 11:44 19 Apr 06

Same as Totally-braindead.

I never did like RW disks of any description whether they are CD or DVD.

Confab 12:24 19 Apr 06

Try BadCopy Pro from click here

The free download will tell you if any data can be recovered although you will need to purchase the software to recover any files. Its worked for me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…