DVD Decoders

forexes 20:44 17 Feb 05

I have a HP550t desktop and recently had to run a system restore. Since then I am unable to play DVDs or copy DVDs as I am told I have no compatible decoders. I am assuming I lost them doing the system restore. I obviously used to have them as the machine was OK before. Anybody help?

JonnyTub 20:45 17 Feb 05

Re-install your dvd player software

forexes 21:15 17 Feb 05

Unfortunately, the macchine came preloaded and there are no software CDs etc.

THE TERMINATOR 21:21 17 Feb 05

what O/S and what is the DVD(software) player that you use?...TT

JonnyTub 21:29 17 Feb 05

Just in case, some pre-loaded machines come with trial software, could it be the trial has expired ?

forexes 21:37 17 Feb 05

Operating system is XP, was using WMP

THE TERMINATOR 21:37 17 Feb 05

If you have XP, you can dowwnload media player 10. This will play DVD'sclick here ....TT

forexes 21:38 17 Feb 05

Dunno about trial period, machine has been back to HP twice and it isn't 9 months old yet

THE TERMINATOR 21:42 17 Feb 05

If you was using media player 10 already, then possibly system restore removed files installed by an update or service pack, but if you get the download, re-installing it will put things right....TT

THE TERMINATOR 21:44 17 Feb 05

the media player download that is! Hope this helps....TT

forexes 22:53 17 Feb 05

No.
downloaded v.10, slight differences, but will not play in either drive. When a DVD is put in either drive, the computer locks up(My Computer-No responding)When I open the drawer, the computer starts to work again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…