DVD Decoder/Decrypter.

Ade_1 19:31 09 Apr 07

Hi,

I have just moved a family holiday video from Video Tape to DVD. I am wanting to take certain parts of the video and edit them however I am unable to do this as the file formats on the DVD are IFO, DAT, BUP and VOB. As you can see there are no simple .avi or .mpeg2 or whatever.

I wondered if I needed either a DVD Decoder or Decrypter however I don't know which one I need.
If someone knows which one I do need it would be a great help. Also if someone can suggest a free program for this it would be much appreciated.

If you need anymore details please just let me know.

Thanks in advance

Aidan

skidzy 19:44 09 Apr 07

Not used this myself Ade,but have seen this recommended before click here

Ade_1 19:51 09 Apr 07

Thanks for the suggestion. It seems as though this helps me to create a DVD however I am looking to edit one and convert the IFO, DAT, BUP and VOB files into ones which I cna use with video editing software, i.e. .mpeg2.

Thanks anyway :-) .

skidzy 20:01 09 Apr 07

Maybe click here
click here
click here

Again no experience of these but have read some decent reviews regarding Super.

eedcam 22:28 09 Apr 07

Virtual-dub mpeg 2 which is a freebie should do it and export as Dv-avi if you want

baldtaco 23:27 09 Apr 07

Cuttermaran from click here or click here=

and the clue in wiki - click here

woodchip 23:50 09 Apr 07

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…