dvd decoder software

jezzabevan 23:19 15 Nov 03

like other people I have discovered that I need a software dvd decoder to play DVDs on my newly upgraded XP pc. I have read old discussion threads and searched the web but am still a bit confused. which is the best and/or cheapest DVD decoder? I don't need fancy bits just want to play DVDs. Can I download the software? As I write I am downloading a trial of PowerDVD 5. am I right that this is a player plus a decoder package? Full version seems a bit expensive though. Any UK £sterling sites where I can pay maybe a tenner or so and downlaod a fully working dvd decoder? So many questions so little knowledge!

Salinger 23:21 15 Nov 03

There are still some free ones out there, try a Google search.

hugh-265156 23:33 15 Nov 03

there is no better than power dvd.

gudgulf 23:41 15 Nov 03

When you say upgaded,what did you do?Most dvd drives would have decoder software bundled with them,for example.

I also recommend Power DVD although if you
need a cheaper option look for Soft DVD on a web search.This is pretty good and a lot cheaper than Power DVD or WIN DVD.

Diodorus Siculus 23:50 15 Nov 03

Try MAximus DVD from click here and follow the instructions there about installing a DVD codec. Maximus is free.

Giggle n' Bits 23:55 15 Nov 03

can be got from click here for about £8

jezzabevan 09:22 17 Nov 03

Thanks to everyone. Maximus DVD looked good until I discovered that it is a player only with no mpeg codecs included. So i followed audio-chips link to Aria and have bought PowerDVD athte very low price od £11 or so all incl. Much cheaper than the ususal £45 it is sold for. Great link.

Diodorus Siculus 10:37 17 Nov 03

For reference, Maximus DVD site gives (or until recently did give) a link to get the necessary codecs for DVD playing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…